What is it?
LearnLab's Portable Allen-Bradley PowerFlex Series VFD Training System is designed for working on real powered electrical circuits that include a Variable Frequency Drive to control the three phase motor. Also known as adjustable-frequency drives (AFD), variable-speed drives (VSD), AC drives, microdrives or inverter drives. VFD technology is often used to control the rotational speed of 3 phase electric motors in ventilation systems (HVAC) for large buildings to control the drive motors on fans. This helps manage the volume of air moved to match the demand of the system. VFD's are also commonly used on pumps, machines, and other tool drives.
This features the Allen-Bradley PowerFlex 5 series of Variable Frequency Motor Drive.
The Instructor will easily become familiar with the Allen-Bradley VFD training material and be able to instruct students on how to complete circuits and fix “real world” Allen-Bradley VFD bugs or failures in the circuit. Using the methods learned in this class, the students will use their meters and instruments to find and actually be able to diagnose problems.
The Portable Allen-Bradley PowerFlex 5 Series VFD Training System Includes:
- Industrial Panel Indication
- Ice Cube Control Relays
- Industrial Stop-Start Controls
- Selector Switches
- Three Phase Motor
- Rheostat Control (0-10v & 5-20ma)
- Wye wound Induction Motor
- Flight Case
This gives you the tools to teach:
- Basic theory and history of Variable Speed Drives
- Internal operation and troubleshooting
- Installation and maintenance of VFD units
- Real world field I/O control theory and operation
- Three Phase Inverter Duty Motor Troubleshooting
- 0-10v & 5-20ma signal generation and input
- VFD Programming basics and advanced programming
- Top Ten Parameter knowledge
- Troubleshooting the VFD and Field I/O
- Several Real World Hands-On Labs for students to work on!
- Up to 16 classroom hours
LearnLab’s "Flight Case Series" provides a solution for easy storage and mobility. Designed for on the road use, these heavy duty training systems are ideal for traveling instructors, vocational trades teachers, human resources departments, and workplace safety training and testing. These flight cases feature:
- ABS and aluminum outer case construction
- Aluminum and welded steel inner panel construction
- Fold up frame with locking device
- Industrial quality butterfly latches keep lids on longer and operate correctly every time
- Long life, low maintenance, road proof construction
- Carry handle
- Gasket sealed lids for maximum protection against dust, moisture and other unwanted agents
- Outer dimensions 20″ X 21″ X 10″
- Stores units away and out of site
LearnLab's Training Systems are a must have for hands-on learning and electrical training. Train one or multiple workers at one time.
Don't forget the adapter cable!
Order online or contact us for more information: 800-381-4389.