This LearnLab Basic VFD Training System is designed to teach workers or students how to understand, install, operate, and troubleshoot Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) and how they control three phase motors. Also known as adjustable-frequency drives (AFD), variable-speed drives (VSD), AC drives, micro-drives or inverter drives. VFD technology is often used to control the rotational speed of 3 phase electric motors. VFD's are also commonly used on pumps, machines, and other tool drives.
Students will work "Hands-On to complete multiple circuits and fix “real world” VFD bugs or failures in the circuit. Using the methods learned in this class, students and workers will use their meters and instruments to find and actually be able to diagnose problems. This system DOES NOT require 3 phase power. Simply plug it into a standard 120 volt outlet, and you're ready to go!
The VFD Training System Includes:
- Industrial GS10 Variable Frequency Drive Unit
- Industrial Panel Indication
- Ice Cube Control Relays
- Industrial Stop-Start Controls
- Selector Switches
- Three Phase Motor
- Rheostat Control (0-10v & 5-20ma)
- Wye wound 3 phase Induction Motor
- Student Workbook with labs (PDF)
- Instructors Notebook (PDF)
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Classroom Hand-outs
- Up to 16 classroom hours of curriculum!
- Online companion course available!
LearnLab's Training Systems are a must have for hands-on learning and electrical training. Train one or multiple workers at one time.
Order online or contact us for more information: 800-381-4389.